Fear of crime
- ISBN 0 642 28414 8 (Volume 1) ; ISBN 0 642 28415 6 (Volume 2) ; ISBN 0 642 28413 X (Volume 3) ; ISBN 0 642 28416 4 (Set)
- Canberra : National Campaign Against Violence and Crime Unit, Attorney-General's Department; and Canberra: Criminology Research Council, May 1998
- Criminology Research Council grant ; (35/03-04) [Project title: Police cautioning in Queensland : the impact of juvenile offending trajectories]
- Volume 1 : Audit of the literature and commuity programs (PDF 2.45MB) (Text version)
- Volume 2 : The fieldwork research (PDF 1.39MB) (Text version)
- Volume 3 : Summary volume (PDF 180kB) (Text version)
Volume 1 reviews theoretical and methodological approaches to the analysis of fear of crime as shown in the literature and community programs. It offers a preliminary review of community and government programs which have been designated in relation to fear of crime issues. The volume explains the rationale for field work and outlines some steps to reducing fear of crime.
The second stage of the Fear of Crime project involved the development, implementation and evaluation of pilot projects addressing fear of crime issues. Volume 2 contains three separate field work studies composed of a main study examining general fear of crime, and two further studies looking at fear of crime related to transport and the media.
Volume 3 (summary volume) contains brief details on the background and methodology of the Fear of Crime project and highlights the important findings of the research. It also outlines implications for policy and practice arising from the research which aim to take the research findings forward, providing practitioners and policy makers with pointers for program implementation.